Ghorepani-Poonhill Short Trek
- Duration3 Days
- Trip Grade Easy
Ghorepani- Poonhill Short Trek is a rewarding trekking trip into the lap of Mt. Annapurna and beautiful fishtail (Machhapuchhre). It is a 2 days and 3 nights trekking via beautiful traditional settlements and rhododendron woods. The flowering and non-flowering vegetations, terraced fields, cascading waterfalls and most importantly, magnificent mountain views include Annapurna-I, Annapurna-IV, Himchuli, Dhaulagiri, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal and beautiful Machhapuchhre (fishtail).
Ghorepani-Poonhill Short Trek commences from Pokhara after 7-8 hours’ drive or a 35 minutes flight from Kathmandu. After an hour of driving to Nayapool from Pokhara, we begin to hike along the pleasant path experiencing traditional settlements and the ethnic groups and their way of life.Moreover, having an insight of rural lifestyle and viewing the mountain peaks is an astounding experience while doing Ghorepani- Poonhill Short Trek. The trail ascends up to Ulleri where you will get thousands of stone steps to climb all the way up.
However, the hike is beautiful. Then, until you get Ghorepani, we will have a very pleasant path through deep rhododendron forest. The Poonhill is a popular vantage point which we will climb early in the morning. The combination of mountain peaks and beautiful sunrise will be mesmerizing to see. Then, finally, the trails descend to Hile via Birethati, then to Nayapoon where we get to drive to Pokhara.
After breakfast, the journey begins ahead to Nayapul which is about 1.5-hour drive. Then next comes hiking for which permit must be taken beforehand. The trail is not so difficult. On the way, lots of scenic views of fields, crop fields, green mountains, local villages, beautiful small rivers can be sighted. Also, on the course of the journey, resting place can be adjusted. After hiking for 2 to 3 hours, there is always a time for lunch at Tikhedhunga. After lunch, the hiking begins towards Ulleri passing stone stairs uphill. Finally, the day’s journey mounts to Ulleri and overnight stay is cherished.
After the breakfast, the journey begins passing through Rhododendron forests where sounds of different animals, birds, and waterfalls are encountered till the end of the journey to Ghorepani. During the journey of this trek, there is a privilege of lunch time. On the way, mountain Himchuli is visualized. The specialty of the journey is that wild animals such as “langur” monkeys and musk deer can be seen. This journey ends overnight stay at Ghorepani.
This day is considered as one of the very special day of Annapurna Poon Hill Trek. The trek begins walking early in the morning reaching the Poon Hill and witnessing the fabulous and magnificent scenery of wide range of mountains. Experience of the trek begins glancing the morning rays of sun over the Himalayan mammoths like Mt. Dhaulagiri (8,167 m), Mt. Annapurna I (8,091 m), Annapurna II (7937 m), Annapurna III (7555 m), Annapurna IV (7525 m), Mt. Nilgiri (7,040 m), Annapurna south (7219 m), Himchuli (6441 m), Lamjung Himal (6,986 m), fishtail or Machhapuchhre (6,997 m). The best moments in the life is discovered by taking pictures of the range of majestic mountains overtime there and finally we trek down to Ghorepani. During the stay there, there is a privilege of enjoying breakfast. After that, the trek begins to Hile passing through rhododendron forests. On the way to journey, there is a privilege of getting lunch and descending to Nayapul and our transportation back to your hotel in Pokhara.
- Airport pickup and hotel transfer in a private vehicle.
- Standard tourist Bus Kathmandu to Pokhara
- Comfortable Private transport: Car/Jeep/Bus/Van Pokhara to Nayapul.
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek.
- English speaking Government License holder Trekking Guide.
- Trekking Permit, TIMS, and conservation Area Permit fee.
- Trekking Porters (2 clients = 1 Porter).
- Breakfast-Lunch-Dinner during the trek.
- First Aid Kit and Trekking Duffel Bag for Porters.
- Nepali guide/porter wage, food, accommodation, insurance, and equipment charge.
- Sleeping bags and down jackets, to be returned after the trek.
- Government taxes for paperwork.
- International air fare and Nepal visa fee.
- Personal expenses:(Laundry,battery charge,phone calls,wifi,shower,extra porters etc.).
- Temple/Monastery entrance fees.
- Travel insurance and rescue flights.
- Late arrival and late departure, fees for extra night.
- Tips to guide and porter.